The basis for IFM’s work is the reciprocal relationship where advisory needs both guide and are informed by research and capacity building activities.
IFM’s current research interests focus on:
- Ecosystem-based approaches to marine management
- Stakeholder participation in fisheries/marine management
- Regionalisation of the Common Fisheries Policy
- The knowledge base for fisheries/marine management
- Social impact assessments related to fisheries/marine management
- Regional and local development in coastal areas.