Declaration of commitment in joint cooperation in Nordic PhD education in planning
The aim of the Network for cooperation in Nordic PhD education in planning is to develop high quality PhD studies in order to meet the need for more academics in the field of planning and to meet the demand for high quality research in the planning profession.
The universities participating in the network will benefit from increased access for all universities to PhD courses. The aim is to provide high quality PhD courses, annually arrange joint courses, improve Nordic network among young academics, compare experiences from Nordic PhD education and study programs in planning and generally exchange knowledge in and about planning research.
The participating universities will:
- designate a contact person at each university
- arrange annual meetings in order to compare experiences and discuss improvements in PhD education in planning in the Nordic countries
- aim to arrange an annual joint PhD course free of charge. PhD students from hosting and collaborating universities will have priority.
- equally contribute to this joint PhD course with lecturers, supervision and administration
- aim to give other PhD courses in collaboration with other partners in the network, free of charge. PhD students from hosting and collaborating universities will have priority
- aim to apply for grants in order to fund such joint PhD courses, as well as to cover expenses for the administration of the network
- when possible, open up all other PhD courses, free of charge, for PhD students from the collaborating universities
Partners in the network
We welcome Nordic universities and colleagues with PhD education in urban and regional planning, normally universities with the right to examine PhDs, into the network. Those willing to join the network, and thus acknowledging the above commitment, are asked to contact the network coordinator (presently Professor Tim Richardson.